Tuesday, April 10, 2007

And now that it's spring...

Man, Easter was busy. 3 additional services at our church are awesome, but they are a lot too! By far, the highlight was playing at Soul Expedition (more info at the link on the bottom left of this page) Wednesday night. Thanks to everyone who came! The Spirit was definitely there and in force.

As the semester picks up for its last big push before summer, life has followed suit. Classes are starting to kick my butt, and Hannah and I are starting to pray for a quick conclusion to the semester! Our Community Group is absolutely incredible, and we have been blessed by having so many people in our home every week. It is an awesome opportunity to hang out with other people on fire for what God has in store for them.

A couple other things that have also developed for me:
1.) I got "promoted," I guess as the Managing Editor for the St. Louis Iraq War Veterans Website. Right now, all I do is post some articles and help generate some interest and publicity. But as this thing picks up speed and needs increase, I'll be actively helping with the strategic vision and networking for the organization. It is an incredible opportunity to help and serve our country's veterans. I'm stoked.

2.) I got rehired by Bruce Siddle to continue the research work I was doing while at Truman. For those of you who don't know, he is the CEO of a defensive tactics training company for military and law enforcement (I think, the world's largest now). I used to work, helping him research for his second book, called "Combat Human Factors." I now get to continue that research and help him lay out the outline for the finished project. I'm stoked because it brings in some much needed grocery money, as well as lets me use a skill that I have already developed and contribute to an awesome field of research.

We've been somewhat remiss in updating on here, but things are starting to work themselves out and we promise to update more frequently! Thanks for reading, and leave us some love!

-Brad and Hannah


P.S. As far as prayers go, we would GREATLY appreciate a kind word for our finances and ability to meet the monthly bills, as well as special blessings over our Community Group and other ministries we are involved. Oh yeah, and praying that I survive Greek would be great too!

No comments: